We are currently looking for a fixed term Learning and Assessment Manager to provide some support within the 1st4sport Qualifications team. If you have previous responsibility for the research, development, launch and maintenance of a portfolio of innovative sport and physical activity learning products and services, we'd love to hear from you!
1 Gathering insight, researching information and liaising with key stakeholders (consortia, clients, partners, consultants, centres, training providers, National Governing Bodies, employers and coaches):
• Building strong relationships with external and internal stakeholders and customers to determine needs and requirements.
• Providing a dedicated point of contact to allocated stakeholders in line with established agreements and/or terms of reference.
• Delivering information to allocated stakeholders on the breadth of the service offer; initiating business development opportunities.
2 Developing new products and services in accordance with the annual provision plan:
• Conducting valid research into the area of responsibility to understand demographics, user and employer needs, technologies, delivery, competitors, pricing etc.
• Establishing sound business cases and rationale for product development.
• Developing specifications and working with others to cost the products & services.
• Designing learning programmes, innovative assessments and quality assurance of products and services using multiple technology platforms, including Moodle, Learn Upon, on line classroom learning via UK Coaching website etc.
• Submission of qualifications and non-regulated learning to regulators for accreditation, CPD points and funding approval.
3 Maintaining allocated qualifications, products and services in accordance with the annual provision plan; conducting continuous monitoring and managing:
• Forecasting and regular monitoring of learner registrations, income and margins against forecast and identification of actions in place to address any deviation from plan.
• Regular reviews of the products including customer and learner feedback and life cycle planning for future developments.
• Regulated, non-regulated and funding statuses.
• Resources (partnerships, staff, external quality assurance teams, finances, information systems and products).
• Performance, compliance and risk.
4 Maintaining detailed records throughout in the development and in the delivery of qualifications, products and services, including the completion and updating of CRM and other databases.
5 Contributing to the UK Coaching Development Working Group, conducting provision and service reviews; participating in standardisation and best practice.
6 Liaising with the regulators, OFQUAL, CIMSPA, ESPA, Sector Skills Councils, Funding Agencies and other key organisations that impact on business development.
7 Liaising with Marketing, Business Development and other colleagues within the UK Coaching Group to ensure products are developed and presented via the appropriate media to the right audiences at the right time.
8 Undertaking other duties as required to support the work of all UK Coaching Group organisations.
9 Following, promoting and implementing the UK Coaching Group policies for the equal treatment of all employees, applicants and customers.
• Experience of the development (design and delivery) of excellent and relevant learning and assessment services, both regulated and unregulated.
• The ability to turn an opportunity into reality. This role is for a dynamic and innovative thinker who is forward looking and can help shape the future of coach learning and assessment for the sector.
• The post holder will be proactive in the development of learning and assessment across the Group.
• Excellent networking and influencing skills are required as the role will help shape learning and assessment for the sector.
• Excellent time management and organisation skills.
• Current knowledge and experience of the sport, leisure, fitness and health markets.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A degree of commercial acumen is a requirement of the role as the post holder will be required to develop products and services and appreciate all of the commercial requirements.