Are you looking for the opportunity to make a real difference to children’s lives? Are you ambitious, motivated, and ready to become part of a growing school? Do you have the drive, ideas, and high expectations to help create a truly transformational school? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, research driven, and teaching focused environment? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Officer within our growing and flourishing new school.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Officer to play a key role within our growing and flourishing new school.
Goresbrook School opened in September 2014 and has made a tremendous start and will continue to grow each year. As we continue to grow, you will be pivotal in ensuring that the business functions of the school achieve value-for-money and provide a safe and sustainable structure for school life.
Specifically, you will:
• Be responsible for monitoring expenditure and process invoices for payment to suppliers and dealing with queries as they arise.
• Establishing and maintaining effective communications with budget holders.
• Banking all school income and to ensure all income is accurately accounted for.
• Administering the Petty Cash account and regular reconciliation.
• Processing orders and receive and distribute supplies.
• Administering the School Fund and all related financial records accurately.
• Supporting the co-ordination and administration of the letting of premises (internal & external), ensuring adherence to related policies at all times.
You will possess relevant Finance experience, the ability to gather, analyse and evaluate data to produce reports and also have relevant experience of working within a school.
If you share our core belief in a growth mindset; if you thrive in a ‘no excuses’ culture, and in an environment that is focused on improvement and reflection, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
In return, as a new and growing all through school, we can offer you the potential to develop professionally and personally and be integral to the school’s continued growth, progress and success and really make this role your own. Also, being part of United Learning, one of the leading school groups in the country, we can offer you unrivalled career development opportunities and support to ensure you achieve your ambitions.