Are you looking for your next Legal move? Do you have experience working in a legal environment and have good knowledge of Road Traffic Act and an awareness of RTA Insurer and Article 75? If so Keoghs are looking to recruit a number of Recovery Litigators to join the team. The role is to take responsibility for the litigation elements of the recovery process maximising the financial recovery to the Client.
• Reviewing, reporting and setting strategy on new instructions including identifying any technical issues with the file and handling appropriately.
• Organising, prioritising and handling own workload in line with standard operating procedures to ensure that critical dates are met and KPI’s and SLA’s are achieved.
• Effective management of the litigation process to ensure KPI’s and SLA’s are achieved:
- Obtaining policyholder’s consent to issue
- Drafting and issuing of legal documents including claim form, DQ and witness statements.
- Adherence to Court timetables
- Negotiation of quantum on appropriate cases
• Effective use of the case management system to ensure:
- Reserving and all other key information is accurate and updated in a timely manner.
- Critical dates are met
- All actions/strategies are documented by way of a file note
- All documents in the history are clearly labelled.
• Delivering quality work, as a minimum meeting audit benchmark standards.
• Driving own personal development.
• Contributes to team effort by working collaboratively to ensure that team targets are achieved and by positively contributing to team morale.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Good knowledge of the Road Traffic Act and an awareness of RTA Insurer and Article 75 status.
- Experience of working in a legal environment.
- Preferably experience of quantum and liability negotiations.
- Experience of issuing part 7 claims desirable
- Demonstrate experience of and the ability to:
Work to set deadlines.
Deal with calls and enquiries from customers, suppliers and/or the public
Organise and prioritise their workload
Work as part of a team
- IT literate: proficient in use of Microsoft Office packages (Excel and Word)
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to take constructive feedback and set personal goals for continuous improvement.
What you can expect from us:
· A learning culture with employee development at the heart of the people development pathway
· Excellent flexible benefits including Annual leave entitlement and Healthcare Cash Plan as standard
· Monday to Friday – 35 hours per week
· 25 days holiday per year (opportunity to buy & sell 3 days)
· Health Cash Plan
· Life assurance
· Critical Illness Cover
· PHI/Income Protection
· Pension Contribution based
· Cycle to Work Scheme*
· Tech Scheme*
· Season Ticket Loan*
· Car Parking Scheme*
· Gym Flex*
· Access to Online Discount Sites
· Discounted Gourmet Society Membership
· Discounted Tickets for Merlin Attractions nationwide
· Discounts at local retail outlets
*after successfully completing probation
Our culture is focussed on making Keoghs sustainable and successful for our people and clients, with this our five values are at the heart of everything we do;
• We listen, are down to earth and supportive
• We work together towards a common goal
• We’re friendly with a can do attitude
• We care about our clients
• We evolve
Keoghs is a Disability Confident employer and we endeavour to recruit from the widest possible pool of suitable candidates.
If you require any adjustments or special arrangements to be made to our application process on account of a disability please contact or telephone 01204 672278 and ask to speak to Recruitment.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for interest in this position and in our organisation
Strictly no agencies please
Keoghs Bolton Bark Street