The Sales Operations Manager is the local representative and “ambassador” for the Newell Home Fragrance EMEA distributors business, based in Bristol offices. This role will manage the information flow & cooperation between all sales related teams (Marketing, operations, order management, customer care, finance) and the distributor sales managers - with the objective to exploit all sales opportunities, maximize customer satisfaction and efficiency.
This position is accountable for supporting the set sales objectives with a clear brand orientation. He/ she contributes actively to optimize internal structures and processes in order to have the greatest impact on the business results and future growth.
- Closely work with the Sales Director for EMEA Distributors to ensure that business objectives and strategic guidelines are applied.
- Review current communication processes between Bristol based business functions (Ops, order management, customer care, Marketing, Pricing etc.) and the Sales Managers. Enhance team work.
- Develop, present and implement proposals for an improved information flow.
- Work closely with the EMEA BATAM (Brand Activation) team
- Ensure that all information such as product specifics, availability dates, stock levels, prices, samples are received by distributors in line with their key annual planning.
- Ensure that distributors’ orders and forecasts are received on a timely basis.
- Manage the Distributors Customer Care team in Bristol consisting of 3 Distributor coordinators.
- Be the link between the distributors and order management / customer service in case of general questions or if support is needed.
- Become the local Sales & Ops representative for EMEA distributors in Bristol. Articulate specific business needs in cross-functional meetings and projects.
- Strengthen the positive image of the European distributor business and its growth potential on all management levels.
- Build in depth knowledge of the channel specifics and the top EMEA markets and share with colleagues over all functions. Collect and share knowledge of competitors’ activity.
- Brings up success stories and issues from the markets to the Sales Director and Exec team.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- 5-10 years of cross-country Supply Chain/Operations, Sales & Marketing experience
- Process management - preferably within consumer products industry
- Profound understanding and affinity with sales planning & operations
- Strong results orientation – proactive with “can do” attitude
- High relational skills and people management experience in a multinational context
- Highly organized and capable to prioritize workload
- PC proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- An understanding and experience of working with different countries/cultures.
- This position requires occasional travel in Europe