Looking to develop your career in catering?
Want to work for an organisation that recognises the positive contributions of its staff?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a committed and passionate Assistant Chef to join our team in our Llys Enfys ExtraCare Scheme in Llanishen, Cardiff.
This sounds great, tell me more…!
Llys Enfys Extra Care is situated in the Llanishen area of Cardiff, where tenants enjoy both breakfast and a midday meal, seven days a week. The extra care model allows frail older people 55+ to live independently in their own self-contained apartment, and the scheme consists of approximately 100 tenants, with additional facilities including a hairdressing salon, communal space for social activities, and assisted bathing and restaurant facilities.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual who is looking to advance into the position of Assistant Chef. You will build upon your existing knowledge and experience by working alongside our experienced Chef Manager and Kitchen team.
Duties will include:
• Supporting the Chef Manager in liaising with staff to produce nutritious, high quality, well presented, freshly made meals to all residents on a daily basis.
• Deputising for the Chef Manager in their absence, overseeing the work of the catering staff and general kitchen management including ordering, and leading the team by example.
• To set by personal example, excellent food standards.
• Work to Health and Safety and environmental health standards.
You will be required to have a real passion for food, and a desire to build a successful career for yourself within catering. You will need to have experience working within a professional kitchen environment, and already possess basic catering qualifications at or equivalent to QCF / NVQ Level 2.
You will enjoy working in a team and have a positive, caring attitude to supporting your colleagues and the residents. You will also take pride in cleanliness and organisation on shift, understanding that Health and Safety and Food Safety are essential in the workplace.
Did you know…?
• You will be working 25 hours per week, typically 5 hours a day, 5 days a week.
• The hours are great, typically 9am-2.30pm!! There is no nights/split shifts involved with this position, so there is a work/life balance.
• Linc offer a variety of continuous learning options to allow you to progress your career in catering.
So what are you waiting for?
Come and take the first steps towards your career with an organisation that is passionate about people, homes and their communities!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date 13th May 2018 @ 23:59