Do you want to be part of a transformational team at one of the top schools for progress in the country?
We are a high performing school and have a relentless focus on high standards in all that we do. We work together to dismantle any barriers to learning and achievement and have a total belief that every student can be successful regardless of their starting point.
We ensure that our classrooms are disruption-free so our teachers can focus on the main thing – teaching and learning. We have a strict discipline policy, and the senior team run daily centralised detentions so that consequences are immediate and teacher time is protected.
Paddington Academy is a mixed Academy for 1,200 students aged 11-18. The Academy was judged to be outstanding by OFSTED in 2011 and was described by the Education Minister as a ‘jewel in the crown of state education’.
Our thriving and oversubscribed Academy also has a large Sixth Form with over 300 students and we have consistently been in the top 10 schools for student progress for the last six years.
As a key member of the Drama department you will contribute to the provision of high quality teaching and learning across the Academy which will enthuse and motivate students and bring out the best in them.
For the right candidate with the desired qualifications and experience, there is an opportunity for a leadership position.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an outstanding and inspirational Subject Lead for Drama;
- Be committed to continually improving their teaching and learning;
- Be committed to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses;
- Have the belief that every student can be successful;
- Have the desire to make a real difference to the lives of our students.
Why work at Paddington Academy?
1. We are a highly successful school, rated ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED with GCSE results which consistently place us in the top schools in the UK for student progress.
2. Teaching and Learning is at the heart of what we do. Every decision is driven by its potential to impact on student learning.
3. Our approach to teaching and learning is informed by robust research, constantly reviewed and tailored to our unique context
4. We have a consistent and effective approach to behaviour which means teachers can focus on the main thing – teaching
5. We are renowned for positive relationships between staff and students and serve a community of aspirational students
6. We have a large and thriving Sixth Form with high academic standards: 51% of A Level grades were A*-B
7. We have been awarded a PLATINUM award for professional development. Our approach to CPD is personalised to ensure that every member of our community is provided with first class development opportunities
8. We are the lead teacher training school for United Learning. Every teacher is a learner and we secure opportunities for staff to coach and mentor trainee teachers as a reciprocal learning experience
9. We invest in the long term career aspirations of our staff. We offer a well-established and successful pathway to educational leadership for teachers who aspire to lead in education
10. Staff well-being is important to us and we believe in cherishing our staff. A benefit of belonging to United Learning is access to a comprehensive rewards and benefits package