Within the group, Wates Living Space is one of the UK’s leading providers of planned and responsive maintenance services in the social housing sector, maintaining over 500,000 homes nationwide every year.
As a result of our success, we have an opportunity for a Roofer to join the team at Wates working on the Birmingham City Council Project.
Key Accountabilities will include:
• Undertaking repair/ renewal works within your bricklaying remit and work with associated trades
• Ensure maintenance work is undertaken safely and in accordance with all technical standards
• Communicate effectively with residents, scheduler and line manager
• Work safely and in compliance with Health & Safety and safeguarding requirements
• Remain up-to-date with technical and legal requirements of skill area
• Working in partnership with other operatives to complete repairs, if required
• Completing time sheets work sheets detailing work undertaken and materials used after each job undertaken, via a PDA
As a Roofer you will specialise in everything you do with your expertise - using your skills to deliver small projects and repair work within the remit of the Birmingham City Council Contract. Experience of housing maintenance sector is desirable and you should have experience of being able to manage your own workload.
To be successful in the role you will be able to effectively communicate with people, ensure work is carried out safely, have a full UK driving licence and have a relevant trade qualifications.
A bit about us:
Wates is one of the largest and most successful family-owned private construction, development and property services companies in the UK. Our vision is to become the most trusted partner in the built environment with an ambition to become a £2bn turnover business.
As a progressive and rewarding business we offer our people the opportunity to grow their careers whilst working together to deliver the promises we make to our customers.
Our company values of integrity, intelligence, performance, teamwork and respect for people, communities and the environment run through our business at every level and are at the heart of everything we do.
The wellbeing and safety of our people is our priority, therefore creating a zero harm culture and encouraging a healthy work-life balance is important to us. Wates Group are a responsible and inclusive employer and are proud to have been recognized for this through accolades including C2E (Committed to Equality) and Investors in People (Gold).
We value each employee as an individual and offer flexible and competitive packages to support that.