Are you a skilled author of Web and Digital content, a confident communicator who can promote our client's services to a wide audience? Are you passionate about what you do, and able to market your work within a large organisation to ensure managers take full advantage of Web and Digital platforms?
A local authority based in Uxbridge, Greater London, is looking for a skilled Officer to join a busy communications team who will take responsibility for the day-to-day development of the Council's digital presence (including all website content). You will oversee online engagement with users via websites, Intranet and other digital channels to ensure a consistent brand and messaging throughout.
Advocacy is a large part of this role, and through a strategic business partnering approach you will develop and maintain strong working relationships with services across the Council. The ultimate goal is to ensure residents are well informed about Council Services and activities and that these are actively promoted.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with services across the Council in order to understand their requirements and then ensure the website content and publications, relating to their service area are current, engaging and promoted effectively.
- Improve online access to Council services by identifying and developing more on-line interactions for residents through the effective delivery of public service portals.
- Obtain, analyse and present web site usage data from server logs or other sources, to identify and drive service delivery improvements.
- Maintain and promote social media feeds and represent the Council in a professional manner when communicating with residents online.
- Proactively expand the reach and impact of social media by developing appropriate strategies ensuring that the council remains relevant and engaged with residents.
- Actively audit, review, manage and edit existing content to ensure that it remains accurate and up-to-date.
- Manage and deliver vital digital communication tools and resources, including online forms, surveys and electronic newsletters
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Significant experience of publishing successful and engaging on-line communications and social media content for a large organisation, preferably a local authority.
- Evidence of using performance statistics to inform and improve future activity.
- Experience in producing and evaluating website content and structure, and also in the use of social media to disseminate information, amplify events and media campaigns.
- Experience of copy writing or editing content in line with a style guide.
- Excellent knowledge of current web development technologies, including content management systems (such as Goss), Dreamweaver, HTML and CSS and future emerging technologies.
- Practical understanding of emerging digital technologies, services, tools and trends, including techniques for optimising the impact and reach of digital content and social media platforms.
- Creative web design skills, including knowledge of graphics' software.
This is an immediate requirement offered initially for up to three months (with the possibility of an extension). Based in Uxbridge, West London.
If you have the skills and experience detailed above apply now.
Zoon Link is operating as an Employment Business for this vacancy.