Work within and guidelines and procedures for material movements through stores - including receipt, storage, preparation, packaging and despatch of goods along with associated computer entries and paperwork. Ensure exemplary service given to customers
* Receive all goods, including unloading and storing in appropriate areas, maintain computer records and prepare internal goods received notes. Inspect where appropriate.
* Ensure all goods are properly marked, stored and logged on system. Institute good housekeeping practises and clean areas and maintain security.
* Undertake stocktaking functions and provide information on stock at short notice.
* Prepare, pack and despatch goods, including samples to customer requirements ensuring that despatch/delivery dates are met.
* Co-ordinate with Sales, Finance and Administration where appropriate
* Control of customer returned goods and "failed goods"
* Notify Manager of safety hazards.
* Ad hoc duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
* GCSE education and /or relative work experience.
* FLT, counter balance and reach truck licenses are required
* A flexible and adaptable team member
* Good communication skills
8.00 am to 4.20 pm Monday to Friday
Must have valid counterbalance licence