Cobham Mission Systems have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer.
As a Quality Engineer you will act as the voice of the Customer to ensure the agreed requirements are met, Drive up standards and foster a right first time culture. Provide preventive, corrective action and containment activities and Assure delivery of conforming product to end Customer. Act as Quality focal within Integrated Product Team delivering Quality solutions. Responsible for Quality Management System compliance and improvement
Cobham Mission Systems are based in Wimborne, Dorset and is a modern facility, which offers an open plan working environment. Cobham employees can expect to benefit from;
· Free onsite parking
· Subsidised restaurant (including a Costa coffee)
· On-line system offering a wide range of competitive flexible benefits including
A matched pension contribution of up to 12%, private medical and dental insurance, holiday buy and sell options, subsidised local gym memberships and many others
· Share incentive schemes
· Flexible working hours
· Discounted Cobham Sports and Social Club membership
· A wide range of internal and external training opportunities
Please have a look at the Cobham video on YouTube:
As the Quality Engineer, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Engineer - HND/HNC or equivalent experience
* Good working knowledge of Quality Standards such as AS9100, AS9110, Part 21 (G), Part 145, DAOS
* Good working knowledge of AS9145, APQP, PPAP, FAIR, PFMEA, MSA, Control Plan
* Actively implemented structured problem solving and robust Root Cause and Corrective Action techniques eg 8D, RCCA, 5-Why
* Actively implemented proactive and preventive Quality techniques
* Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques
* QMS implementation and auditing to recognised aerospace standards
* Proven ability to understand and effectively flow down Customer Quality requirements and ensuring delivery of conforming products.
* Excellent root cause analysis and corrective action understanding.
* Core competency demonstrated within one or more of the following specialties: Software, Mechanical, Electrical, Metrology, Systems, and Composites.
* Further competencies will be provided via the competency matrix, and linked to the relevant job level
As the Quality Engineer, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Quality input into new bids and contract reviews
* Generation and implementation of Quality plans to meet Customer requirements.
* Drive product and process non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities including concession management.
* Manage and host Customer audits and source inspection activities.
* Own the management of Quality escapes and Customer investigations.
* Ensure Quality Management System compliance throughout the Product Lifecycle
* Completion of required First Article Inspections (AS9102) and ensure smooth transition of new products into production.
* NCR and FRACA management
* MRB ownership and facilitation
* Generate Quality metrics and associated tracking to meet set targets.
* Determination and implementation of Quality improvement initiatives.
* Inspection process adherence and associated support for physical and document sign-off of product prior to despatch.
* Co-operate with management to meet the employer's legal duties; read and comply to the site Safety Health & Environment Policy; and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean