- Consistent and prompt preparation and food service
- Stock ordering and stock rotation
- Ensure the cleanliness of all work areas
- Provision of correct portion sizes and control of all waste
- Comply with all food hygiene regulations
- Ensure published menus and specials boards have correct selling prices
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a key role to join our kitchen team at our beautiful location in the lake District. A Chef de Partie role has become available at the stunning Keswick Reach Lodge Retreat.
The Lakeland style pub serves a variety of styles of dishes using the best local produce to guests at the park and the general public.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Head Chef and be responsible for all aspects of kitchen preparation and procedure, portion control and waste management. We are looking for a proactive chef who will perform consistently in line with the company’s high standards.
This is a permanent, full time position to work variable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
This role is ideal for candidates searching for Chef jobs within a commutable distance of Keswick.
What experience you will need
- Similar previous experience is desired
What skills you will need
- Catering qualifications and level 3 food safety is desirable
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn
What we offer
- Darwin Academy job specific training, to include food hygiene, COSHH, health & safety, manual handling, etc
- Discount in company restaurants and facilities