Accounts Payable Assistant
A nationwide business are seeking an Accounts Payable Assistant to join their Finance team based in Milton Keynes
As the Accounts Payable Assistant, you will undertake various activities within the accounts payable function including invoice processing, query resolution and supplier statement reconciliations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To work within the AP (Accounts Payable) team, being flexible, depending on the business requirements.
- Processing and coding supplier invoices ensuring they are correctly approved and matched to contracts, PO's or rota's where appropriate.
- Liaise with our suppliers and clubs/cost centre owners to resolve any queries/issues on a timely basis, maintaining good internal and external relations throughout.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the appropriate standard, in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures including authority levels for the approval of purchase orders and invoices.
- Completion of supplier statement reconciliations, identifying risks and opportunities and ensuring risks/opportunities are followed up on a timely basis.
- Assist other members of the AP team in their day to day duties.
- Release of purchase orders at regular daily intervals.
- Maintenance of supplier accounts, namely requesting bank detail changes and updating email addresses.
- Suggest and implement improvements to processes/tasks to improve efficiencies and enhance quality.
- Keep the AP Manager and Head of Finance aware of any significant issues or other matters of which they should be made aware.
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the AP Manager/Head of Finance.
- Maintain up-to-date filing and control of paperwork.
- Preparation of weekly BACS runs for review by the AP manager.
- Release of payment files in accordance with approval and submission deadlines.
- Posting of journal entries as required by your duties.