Technical Services Analyst (SCOM, Windows, VMware)
A leading fashion retailer are looking to hire a talented Technical Services Analyst (SCOM, Windows, VMware) to join an established technical team in Staffordshire. The Technical Services Analyst (SCOM, Windows, VMware) will predominantly work on 3rd line escalation queries along with high-level project requirements.
Responsibilities for the Technical Services Analyst (SCOM, Windows, VMware):
- Providing, managing and maintaining all Servers (Unix, Wintel and Mainframe) ensuring they remain available at all required times
- Resolving IT infrastructure-related incidents, service requests and problems in a timely and efficient manner in line with Business requirements
- Liaising with IT suppliers to ensure IT infrastructure-related incidents and problems are resolved in a timely and professional manner
- Undertaking IT infrastructure-related problem diagnosis, implementing problem resolution or prevention measures as appropriate.
- Monitoring the availability, performance and throughput of supported IT infrastructure
- Prioritising and scheduling assigned support activities and tasks
- Maintaining IT infrastructure support technical documentation
- Participating in disaster recovery activities as required
- Working with project teams to review and impact assess new business requirements
- Contributing to technical aspects of key change documentation such as business requirements, change impact assessments, change implementation plans, change tickets, change rollout plans etc.
- Providing required environments
- Ensuring IT infrastructure changes meet the agreed service acceptance criteria
- Ensuring Asset and Configuration Management principles, processes and procedures are applied
Technical competencies for the Technical Services Analyst (SCOM, Windows, VMware):
- Experience working in server and storage teams
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Exposure/Experience with Microsoft Exchange Server (desirable)
- Exposure/Experience with Active Directory Policy Administration (desirable)
- Exposure/Experience with E-Mail Filtering Systems (desirable)
- Exposure/Experience with Enterprise Anti-Virus solutions (desirable)
- Exposure/Experience with SCOM (desirable)
- Experience of creating and managing virtual and physical Servers for UNIX and Windows variant O/S
To apply for the Technical Services Analyst (SCOM, Windows, VMware) please press the apply button.