Operations & Platform Engineer - Crawley - £40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen within a field leading client of ours based in Crawley, currently looking to add an Operations & Platform Engineer to their existing team. The Operations & Platform Engineer works within a small, multi-disciplined team, in a highly dynamic environment. The team is responsible for operations and further development of the platform. This is achieved with strong technical skills, understanding the wider business context, creating strong relationships, an ability to learn and a quality mindset.
- Works with suppliers and product teams to successfully launch new capabilities.
- Maintenance and deployment of integration capabilities, alterations to business logic and new platform features, often working with internal and external resources.
- Provides higher and final tier support for the company, comprising of multiple, changing technologies.
- Perform root cause analysis investigations, implement & communicate fixes and/or workarounds.
- Coordinating activities with external and internal stakeholders.
- Clear and appropriate documentation, defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Development of applications/visualizations us
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability.
- Conducting requirements analysis and preparing proposals for implementation.
- Reviewing quality documentation is complete before accepting and deploying to the platform.
- Planning own work and working flexibly to deadlines.
- Managing deployment tools for maintaining product & device monitoring software.
- Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Configuration management & audit to ensure all environments are deployed within specification.
- Cloud solution deployment and operations.
- Integration design, build & deployment.
- ThingWorx development.
- Strong analytical skills able to solve systems level problems.
- Solution oriented, able to carry out root cause analysis and identify workarounds for business continuity.
- Demonstrates initiative, capable of working in a self-directed manner in new or loosely-defined situations.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate principles, to a wide range of seniority and across functional boundaries.
- Capable of logical, structured and pragmatic thinking, excellent problem solver.
- Knowledge of Object Orientation engineering principles.
- Follows technological trends, informed of latest in technology.
- Provides a can do attitude, flexibility and innovative solutions to technical and organizational challenges.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Excellent personal organization skills.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree or professional qualification in technical studies, or comparable experience.
- System Administration.
- Worked with development platforms or highly customizable cloud solutions, eg: ThingWorx, Azure IoT Hub, SalesForce.com, SAP etc.
- Experience in executing or overseeing change or configuration control processes.
- Change & deployment plan & execution.
- Relevant experience demonstrating business awareness.
- Application support in a customer facing role.
- Experience implementing technological or process change in medium or large organizations.
- Breadth of technical experience.
- Experience with PTC ThingWorx platform.
- Worked with Agile development practices.
- Experience of Business Intelligence systems and implementation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, able to query and understanding of appropriate design modelling and normalization.
- Experience in software development or Scripting language.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- ITIL Certification.
This really is an excellent opportunity to join a field leading company that can offer a stable working environment and opportunities for development and growth. For more information and a full job description, please contact Ben Turner at RBW Consulting.