Our Wandsworth Day Nursery and Preschool are currently recruiting for a Passionate Deputy Manager to join our brilliant team.
We are and OUTSTANDING rated nursery based in Wandsworth Common with onsite parking and excellent transport links.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To Provide effective support to the Nursery Manager. Act as the named suitable person in charge of the nursery and responsible for all operational and regulatory aspects in the absence of or to support the Nursery Manager. As part of the senior team you will be responsible for leading, mentoring and coaching a team of early year's practitioners whilst fulfilling day to day management of the nursery. To support the delivery of a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in our nursery alongside keeping everyone safe
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Role model and monitor the delivery of rich play learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs.
* Ensure that the team are providing an enabling environment that is providing consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision
* Lead, mentor and inspire a team to deliver exceptional care and education and provide feedback to create a consistent approach of early years practice to include but not limited to regular 1:1's, Supervisions and appraisals
* Promote and support professional development
* Designated Safeguarding Lead to promote the health, safety and welfare of children and employees and families in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures.
* Responsibility to make referrals to external agencies and regulatory bodies
* Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies.
* Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour including supporting children to manage their own feelings and behaviours.
* Fulfil recruitment needs for the nursery as required aligned to the Safer Recruitment Policy
* Provide new starters with tailored inductions to suit both local and internationally recruited new starters
* Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times.
* Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers to support the retention and ongoing occupancy growth
* Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication at all levels
* Attend staff meetings and training sessions for continuous professional development
* Demonstrate the HEART principles in everyday working life.
* Working as part of a larger team to ensure all essential day to day tasks are completed in line with the nursery demands i.e. Hygiene standards and room preparation
* To provide support for your colleagues within the nursery and the broader business inclusive and not limited to kitchen management, budgets and stock management
* Post qualified experience of working within the Early Years sector
* Previous experience of working as a key person
* Room Leader (or equivalent) experience
* Sound understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage
* Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection
* Knowledge and understanding of wider legislative requirements for working with children
* Full and relevant Level 3 and or above(equivalent) Childcare qualification
* Current Paediatric First Aid
We look forward to receiving your application