· Provide welding engineering guidance and support to structural and piping areas across the submarines business unit.
· Undertake Procedure Qualification Record development, testing and formal approval of welding procedure specifications to support process improvements within the production environment.
· Assist with preparation and transmittal of welding documentation to production areas.
· Monitor weld quality within structural and piping areas and report findings to line management.
· Conduct routine process audits within production areas to investigate defect trends and facilitate improvement.
· Investigate and review emerging process technology and consumables for applicability to submarine construction.
· Liaise with internal departments (production, QC/QA etc.) to ensure welding process control is enforced and maintained.
· Qualified to BSc/BEng level or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject.
· European Welding Federation qualification to Engineer level
· Chartership with The Welding Institute
· Familiar with national and international codes and specifications relating to welding.
· Ability to work as part of a team or independently as required.
· Able to assimilate and process data from a range of sources.
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the business.
· Significant demonstrable working knowledge of the main welding processes typically used for structural and piping applications within a heavy engineering environment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application