Product / Project Engineer - Automation / Mechatronics / Electro Mechanical / Robotics / Structural / Mechanical
Excellent package with development opportunities.
The product / project engineer takes engineering ownership of newly designed products from the development engineering team. They carry out applications and configuration engineering of those products for new build Automated Distribution Centres around the world. Maintaining in depth product knowledge and directly supporting other teams during the design, manufacture and install phases of new Customer Fulfilment Centres. Providing ongoing product support to Engineering Maintenance Operations to resolve any engineering issues as well as providing valuable feedback to the development engineering team for future developments.
We have several roles in this team and are looking for Project Engineers with skills in one of the following areas.
Structural / Mechanical
Role & Responsibilities
* Carry out the configuration and application engineering detail to design and manufacture in conjunction with the Project Realisation Engineer & planners
* Support Automation Engineering Implementation with installation expertise, ensuring best practice is followed and understood and product engineering challenges are resolved
* Ensure Production Engineering have all that is required to enable them to work up solutions identified through Change Control Process
* Identify, and manage the resolution of engineering change requests and product improvements, taking full accountability and responsibility for changes on released products and be a key stakeholder for unreleased products, working closely with Technical Support colleagues
* Review, maintain and communicate related product technical documentation (including but limited to Manuals, BoM's, install guides, PDI & SAT checklists)
* Provide engineering product support, especially during design, installation & commissioning phases
* Proactively support engineering supply chain with engineering detail, including acceptance testing, and order specification
* Work closely with your Product Development colleagues to receive new products and developments, being actively engaged during development and NPI phases to ensure successful handover of product to Central Automation Engineering team
* Work to and follow all CDM guidance, both external (CDM Regulations 2015 and associated Guidance L153) and internal (CDM15 procedures and processes, HS&E policy and associated Arrangement Policies). To seek guidance from the HS&E team where there is uncertainty
* Ensure product and process quality is maintained
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Project Engineering - demonstrable experience & success
* Field Installation of products and / or systems
* Acceptance Testing
* Deliver projects on time and within approved budgets.
* IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite and comfortable using CAD packages.
* Excellent technical and practical competence relating to automation and general engineering
* Experience of projects and products in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field
* Aptitude to debate detail (both technical and commercial) with both internal and external parties
* Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
* International working experience
* Remote Product Support
* Understanding of applicable directives, codes standards etc (eg machinery directive)
* Technical / Engineering qualification, to degree level in a relevant field
* Automation Products require a range of specialisations, these can include (but not limited to).
* Material Handling
* Electromechanical systems
* Structural / Mechanical
This role will require travel with the UK and internationally between 10 and 20% of the time.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV.
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful