Do you want to cross train to Python?
Do you have strong software engineering fundamentals?
Do you have experience of working with C# / C++ / Java and want to work with a number of different programming languages and technologies?
I am currently recruiting for a Python Software Engineer / Developer for a key client based in central Leeds.
They are happy to consider candidates from C#, C++, Java etc backgrounds as long as you are happy to cross train, learn and pick up Python development skills. You will undergo Python software development courses / training at the start of your employment with them and work alongside experienced Python Software Engineers to help with your progress.
A solid software engineering background is needed.
What my client are looking for:
• Strong "Software Engineering" fundamentals and practical experience
• Commercial experience of software development in Python
• Strong Object Oriented skills (e.g. from C#, C++, Java or similar)
• Good database knowledge of SQL, NoSQL or PostgreSQL
• Unit test frameworks
• Strong practice of TDD development principles and continuous integration
• Exposure to Nginx, Redis, Elastic Search or RabbitMQ would be really beneficial
• Exposure to continuous integration, build tools (Jenkins, Ansible) and scripting
• Use of source code version control - Git, Subversion or Mercurial
It is a very collaborative, knowledge sharing, friendly, no egos or politics environment, with a relaxed dress code (shorts & flip flops?) with lots of little perks such as free breakfast and fruit (fully stocked kitchen).
Some would say their staff are the best around from a technical perspective (and interesting outside of work too!), you work hard but get a lot back in return.
They are offering excellent basic salaries plus benefits.
Interviews are taking place imminently, please apply immediately to be considered.