A respected insurer is currently looking for a Schemes Development Underwriter (Property & Casualty) to join their established schemes team based near Reading.
The insurer you will be joining values supporting diversity and inclusion and bringing together the best talent and delivering outstanding service to everyone. As a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services this insurer operates from a network of offices across the UK. Their teams care for a huge range of customers helping them to protect against life's uncertainties. Their market leading products are trusted by millions.
You will work as part of the Schemes hub team and take ownership of new and existing schemes to maximise opportunities for growth and profitability working in partnership with Brokers to deliver planned financial outcomes. The position also takes ownership of income and regulatory compliance, financial results for allocated accounts and brokers through a delegated authority model.
Key to this position will be your experience within Commercial Property and Casualty lines of insurance and you will need to negotiate with a panel of intermediaries. Alongside this you will need to be self-motivated and comfortable managing your own work load and working within a team when in the office.
What will the role involve?
- Delivery of planned financial results through effective underwriting of cases, regular schemes reviews, including profitability, analysis of referrals, claims and sales/retention data.
- Identify and investigate reasons for poorly performing schemes, making recommendations for actions to improve with support of other key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the improvement of profitability by conducting allocated audits and implementing key actions, agreed with Brokers, to improve account performance.
- All underwriting guides, policy wordings and documentation to be accurate and fit for purpose throughout the lifecycle of the scheme.
- Responsible for ensuring all internal and external compliance measures are met and agreed actions are relevant and met.
- Compliance with all underwriting controls, all underwriting to meet the required quality standards.
- Responsible for the delivery of excellent service, service KPI's are met and exceeded.
- Seek to continually improve processes, responsible for the delivery of process guides and training to ensure all non-underwriting activity is completed in ABS, maximum monthly utilisation is achieved.
- Work across hub sites to deliver strong outcomes for AXA and Brokers.
- Accountable for maximising schemes opportunities and performance improvement of existing schemes.
- Underwriting authority level in line with the empowerment guidelines
- Strong trading capability, commercial awareness, negotiation skills and ability to build Broker relationships
- You will need proven experience of technical underwriting scenarios within a commercial environment
- Knowledge of risk assessment and risk management
- Knowledge of commercial lines in particular Property and Casualty
- Working with product ranges and schemes propositions
- Progress towards CII qualification is preferred
Additional benefits and information
- Annual bonus scheme linked to your and company performance
- Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flex benefit options around pension and life cover, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, health, dental, critical illness
- Interest free season ticket loan scheme (train)
CMA Recruitment Group is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. CMA complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn't discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that CMA may contact you in connection with your application in relation to CMA providing you with work finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website. If you haven't heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful...... click apply for full job details