This organisation is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With their thought leadership and culture of innovation, they apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
- Their Advanced Technology Centre is a thriving technology and innovation hub from where they deliver high quality services to a number of private and public sector clients.
- You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
- Work as part of a team to deliver features across the technical solution with your focus being on developing Java Spring Boot based microservices
- Advocate for and employ good development practices on the team such as consistent branching strategy, coding standards, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Testing
- Support the technical leads in designing the separation of functional into microservices and the end to end integration and flow between technical components. Support the test automation engineers in testing the stories and features delivered both from a functional and non-functional perspective
- Follow the Scrum Methodology participating actively in sprint backlog refinement, sprint planning, stand-ups, sprint review and sprint retrospective
- Support the team in delivering features by expanding capabilities into other areas of development and testing
- Have significant Java programming experience, ideally utilising Spring Boot to develop microservices
- Comfortable using Linux or Unix, Configuration Management tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN, and a modern IDE
- Capable of working in an agile development environment, both as part of a team and individually
- Have experience applying TDD/BDD approaches
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced environment, collaborating with others, contributing to design and estimating discussions and utilising strong stakeholder management skills
- Satisfactory BPSS and SC security clearance - which requires 5 years continuous UK address history at the point of application
- Base salary of up to £55,000
- 25 days' vacation per year
- Pension Scheme
- Gym subsidy
- Private medical insurance
- 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!