Base Location: South of England - travel may be required
Salary: £32,851 - £43,385, depending on experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
About the Department
Our SSEN Distribution Commercial and Connections teams are the first point of contact for customers wishing to have a new electricity connection, increase the size of their existing connection, install generation, or move the equipment supplying their property. Were here to help whether our customers are building a single home, housing development, industrial development, generation development or independent distribution network. Our responsibility is to respond to challenging changes in our licence obligations, growing levels of competition and play a key role in progression to a low carbon future.
What is the Role?
The main purpose of this role is to secure, consolidate, analyse and provide accurate fact-based information relating to the financial and operational performance of the Connections Delivery Team South to support decision making of the Head of Project Delivery.
The main duties of this role will include:
* Measure performance through the active use of KPIs and advise the business in relation to the programme and solve or foresee issues before they arise and hold accountability for awareness of productivity, building understanding of how we drive efficiency and identifying and implementing appropriate actions to measure productivity results.
* Review, maintain and improve current controls to meet the day-to-day management requirements while providing relevant information for reporting.
* Identify and analyse variances and explore potential problems ahead of reporting deadlines.
* Provide a comprehensive overview of finance and productivity KPIs through reports and proactive engagement with the leadership team.
* Investigate areas of doubt to completeness and accuracy and validity of information and provide recommendations to improve financial and productivity performance.
* Preparation of monthly reporting in a timely and accurate manner and the preparation of monthly and annual budgets and forecasts in line with business plans.
* Ensure practices are in place for verification of internal and external legislative and governance requirements and relevant documentation is stored and managed in accordance with process
* Responsible for facilitating the delivery of the business plan in line with RIIO ED1/2
* Contribution to the achievement of circa £5m + incentive programme and delivery of targets (IIS, TTC, Broad Measure of Customer Satisfaction, Complaints)
What do I need?
In order to be considered for this role you will have an understanding of how a DNO operates and of the key business/financial metrics and how they are used to drive performance. You will have a thorough understanding of business plans for the Connections Business and an appreciation of unit cost/financial awareness.
Key skills required for this role will include:
* Strong management and organisational skills with experience of managing business plans and budgets to meet financial targets
* Sound understanding and experience of working with systems, finance, operational performance and utilisation and reporting
* IT skills to effectively analyse performance data and deliver formal presentations
* Awareness of key stakeholders and understand how to meet customer stakeholder needs
You will be very commercially astute and a logical thinker, You will have excellent organisation and interpersonal skills to allow you to develop, maintain and implement a work plan to ensure the business units deliver outputs and report back to the Head of Project Delivery on progress against the plan and performance against customer requirements whilst identifying opportunities for future improvements. The ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines is also a necessity for this role.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
Well let you know the outcome of your job application after the closing date. To discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees...... click apply for full job details