Mitie is one of the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company. We specialise in strategic outsourcing and energy services, bringing together the expertise and capabilities to ensure our clients achieve their organisational goals. Our specialist skills and knowledge are driven by market expertise, and we understand that all our markets have a unique set of requirements, constantly responding to what is happening around us.
In your new job as a Facilities Manager, your main duties will be to:
- To undertake the role of Facility Manager for the allocated site(s) and ensure that the site staff are carrying out their duties effectively and efficiently, in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
- To act as the first point of contact for the Staff and Subcontractors.
- To deliver the agreed services within budget and to the standard required.
- To act as the local contact with the Local Authority, School and SPV Manager.
- To take responsibility for the coordination of all services, making sure the FM services are meeting the contract requirements. Manage resources to optimise and profit levels and reduce operating costs.
- Identify and manage potential risk and opportunities.
What we can offer you:
- Core Benefits - Holiday Entitlement, Pension contributions and discount through MiDeals which can give you discounts and savings at over 850 high street retailers.
- Voluntary Benefits - Cycle to work, Extra Holidays, Share Incentive Plan, Save as you Earn Scheme as well as numerous other benefits.
- Recognition and Wellbeing initiatives such as Mitie Stars, long service awards and our Employee Assistance Programme.
The successful Facilities Manager will have/be:
- Good general education with a relevant qualification aligned to Facilities Management, and a demonstrable record of continuous personal development within the industry
- Proven experience of PFI Facilities Management in a complex environment, with demonstrable success in a similar service environment and capable of delivering contractual compliance in line with contract requirements.
- Proven experience of establishing stakeholder relationships and achieving sustained operational success.
- Performance-driven with proven commercial/financial awareness.
- Problem-solving and decision making.
- Flexible, adaptable and a team player.