An overview of the role
The key purpose of this role is to perform business analysis responsibilities associated with the delivery of customer and business strategic projects across the entire Product Development department
Your key responsibilities
- Produce functional and unambiguous requirement documents for both customer and internally funded projects.
- Provide internal reviews of colleague's specifications, as necessary.
- Arrange and chair customer meetings to gather project requirements both on and off site.
- Gather estimates from the Scrum teams, ensuring that all effort quoted is understood and can be represented coherently to the customer (internal or external) as necessary.
- Manage multiple projects, within agreed timescales, under the direction of the Manager, Scrum Master or Lead BA, liaising with other internal departments as necessary to ensure that project timescales and quality of delivery are met.
- Closely manage the expectations of the customer to ensure that they are satisfied with our service and that their part of the development is managed within the timescales required.
- Provide a continuous re-evaluation of existing business processes, ensuring a "review and change" ethos within the team to improve both quality and efficiency.
- Liaise closely with the Scrum teams to ensure high quality deliverables which meet the scope of the requirements as set out in the relevant specification.
- Manage and schedule UAT by the customer, providing support both internally to the delivery team and externally to the customer, during testing.
- Execute any other tasks as set by and agreed with the Management team.
- Provide backup and support to other team members.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum B grade GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English
- Business Analyst qualifications - advantageous
- Insurance-related qualifications - advantageous
- Recent experience in a Business Analyst role
- Experience of gathering and documenting customer requirements
- Experience of working with IT systems within software development environment
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience of creating User Stories
- Previous involvement in the design of insurance products
- Track record of managing multiple projects within timescales
- Knowledge of commercial insurance products
- Excellent customer relationship and negotiation skills
- Excellent analysis and design skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Able to produce concise, unambiguous and functionally complete requirements documentation
- High level of competence in using Microsoft Word
- Confident presentation skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Understanding of XML
- Understanding of the software delivery process
- Excellent communicator at all levels with good inter-personal skills
- Self-motivated, always striving to improve processes and procedures
- A good team player
- A logical thinker able to solve complex problems with innovative solutions
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects to tight deadlines
Our mission and
Our mission is to be both the Technology Partner and Employer of choice for the UK General Insurance Market...... click apply for full job details