Activity Coordinator Supervisor
Would you like to have fun whilst you work? Are you able to supervise and motivate a small team?
If you have answered yes to the above, then this could be the perfect role for you.
The role of Activity Coordinator Supervisor is a multi-faceted role and is pivotal in providing recreation, engagement, participation and a sense of purpose, through enjoyable activities for our residents. Alongside this, you will be supervising a small staff team of Activity Coordinators.
You will be capable, organised and have an engaging personality to enable you to provide the positive input required for this rewarding and challenging role. Experienced as a supervisor/leader, you will also have experience of working with older people, be able to manage your own workload, maintain comprehensive records and be aware of the need for the safe use, storage and maintenance of equipment.
What will I be doing?
- Developing and implementing an Activities Programme that addresses the mental, physical, social, health and security needs of our residents and having responsibility for setting the timetable.
- Researching new ideas and current good practice relating to activities for older people.
- Working closely with the Care Home Manager to plan and deliver special events.
- Developing and maintaining a supply of resources and equipment for activities, and liaising and building relationships with therapists, entertainers and other external individuals who are able to facilitate activity sessions.
- Supporting volunteer team members in their roles throughout the Care Home.
- Supervising a small team of Activities Coordinators, including conducting 1:1's.
- Supporting residents with accessing a range of IT options, including social media and skype.
- Keeping appropriate records of activities and assessment forms.
Brendoncare Alton provides residential and nursing care for 80 people, as well as care for people living with dementia. A close care complex adjoins the home providing the independence and security of home ownership, together with access to many caring and communal facilities, giving peace of mind.
Location: Alton, Hampshire
Salary: £10.70 per hour (£11.05 per hour with NVQ2)
Job type: Permanent. This role is a part time role for 30 hours per week and will require alternate weekend working.
Benefits: In return we offer 6.2 weeks holiday including Bank Holidays. In addition we provide training and continuing personal development, a free uniform, a free initial DBS, free staff meals when on duty, an Employee Assistance Programme and a Refer a Friend Bonus Scheme. There is also free parking on-site.
If you share our values of care, kindness, choice and community, then we would love to hear from you.
You may have experience of the following: Voluntary Work, Volunteer, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Elderly Care, Fundraiser, Fundraising, Charity Worker, Support Worker, Club Manager, Club Steward, Creative Arts, Performing Arts, Theatre, Support Administrator, etc...... click apply for full job details