IT Support Assistant
Location: Bristol, Avon, BS13 7TW
Salary: Up to £27k pa, DoE
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (8.30am - 5.00pm)
We are a small but fast-growing online retailer of tools, equipment, workwear and PPE to the DIY and trade sectors, and are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated IT Support Assistant to join our friendly and dedicated team based in Bristol.
IT Support Assistant - The Role:
To provide full IT support across all areas of the business, including 1st and 2nd line types of support with a cloud-based operational focus to assist with the business's growth and development ambitions. Working closely with the IT Director.
- Provide hardware support and installations
- Provide support to staff in the use of computer systems
- Undertake projects to develop and implement new software products and features of existing software and hardware
- Work with colleagues to develop and provide help desk support for general IT issues and tasks whilst providing in depth support in areas of specialist knowledge
- Help ensure that colleagues across the business can efficiently and effectively use all the company's computer systems and applications
- Monitor and analyse computer system usage to ensure an efficient and secure company network
- Ensuring network connectivity throughout the business is strong and available where required
- Ensuring the company email facility is maintained, developed, and controlled to deliver a stable and feature rich facility to the business
- Provide in house support, development of features, liaising with third parties and consultation to colleagues on our cloud-based retail operations platform
- Provide technical support on feature improvements and functionality changes associated to our cloud-based CRM systems
- Ensure our cloud based internal file sharing systems provide the required features and functionality to colleagues across the business and multiple different devices while remaining secure and stable
IT Support Assistant - Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience in a Helpdesk or similar IT support role
- Experience in providing application support to end users
- Experience in setting up PC's for staff use
- Experience in researching, analysing and documenting application needs and problems
- Ability to liaise with 3rd party software providers with regards to problems
- Logical thinker, able to analyse business processes and identify efficiencies
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office applications, able to resolve application issues
- The ability to logically and effectively problem solve general IT issues in Microsoft Windows
- Good general knowledge of IT
- Ability to work in an organised and efficient way
- High level of self-motivation
- Excellent attention to detail, working to an extremely high standard and accuracy
- Work well under pressure
- Communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to train and get the best out of people
- Demonstrate initiative and contribute ideas
- Honest & trustworthy, able to work unsupervised
- Enthusiastic and friendly
- Able to install equipment and cabling throughout the business
- Naturally helpful and approachable attitude
- Salary: Up to 27k per annum, dependant on experience
- 40 hours per week (8.00am - 5.00pm).
- 22 day's annual holiday (excluding bank holidays).
- Permanent contract (after successful probation period).
- Start date: ASAP.
If you have the skills and experience we require and you enjoy working with friendly, professional people with a bit of fun thrown in, please click on the APPLY button and forward an up to date CV and cover letter.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us within four weeks please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Strictly no agencies...... click apply for full job details