It is vital the food industry continues operating throughout these uncertain times, and as one of the UK's largest food businesses we have a key part to play in this to help continue to feed the nation.
We are currently recruiting for Hatchery Operatives to join our hatchery based in Rayne, Essex.
We are a leading supplier of Poultry products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. With ambitious plans for the future, there hasn't been a more exciting time to join us.
Join us as a Hatchery Operative and you can be a part of the aspiring team that brings Avara Foods to life.
Purpose of the role
As a Hatchery Operative, working as a part of the Hatchery Team, you'll help assist the hatchery and play a key role in the daily duties which are fundamental to our entire business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring chicks are sorted into the required grades and quantities, ready for farm delivery
• Assisting in the effective movement of eggs from storage to incubating machines and then to hatching machines
• Cleaning all equipment after use to the required high standards
• Safeguarding bio security and following these strict procedures
• Observing bird welfare and health and safety on site at all times
What we are looking for:
• You will be motivated, flexible and have a good work ethic
• You can work well in a team environment and have excellent communication skills
Normal working hours for a Hatchery Operative are as follows:
Monday - 06:45 - 16:30
Tuesday - 06:45 - 16:30
Wednesday - 06:45 - 15:30
Thursday - 06:45 - 16:30
Friday - 06:45 - 16:30
What's in it for you?
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. You will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. As a Hatchery Operative, you can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
• 3% Pension contribution
• Various lifestyle benefits
• 28 days annual leave
• Life assurance cover
Due to Bird Welfare, it is essential that you do not own any Avian Pets or Poultry.
We are committed to be an equal opportunities employer...... click apply for full job details