Senior Scientist Radar & Electronic Warfare - Farnborough- Competitive Salary
This role will sit within the modelling and analysis team provide technical services and the expertise to produce advice and support and to develop innovative solutions for our customers in the area of sensing and situational awareness; primarily for the maritime domain.
This includes carrying out sensor modelling, waveform design and algorithm development for radar and communication systems, design and running of demonstrator systems and data analysis to determine sensor and system performance.
These activities help our customers advance future technologies, improve sensor and system performance for Maritime platforms and help advise the Royal Navy and wider MOD on the performance of the in-service, and future, capability.
- Exercise considerable discretion on a variety of complex assignments
- Perform engineering/technical assignments requiring the integration of a wide range of engineering/technical disciplines
- Research customer's needs and requirements to align outputs
- Work directly with customers to ensure successful delivery and identify new business
- Promote innovation, inventiveness and standards of excellence within the delivery and/or capture teams
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrable expertise on one or more applicable areas of Radar, particularly in a military context
- Able to provide technical guidance and direction for his/her area of specialisation and to act as a coach or mentor to junior members of the team
- Able to make evaluative judgements on the analysis of factual information
- A first degree in Science or Engineering, or an equivalent, nationally recognised, professional qualification, with typically 9-12 years of further on the job experience and growth of key skills, working in the domain and backed up with a tangible track record of achievement
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required to guide, influence and convince others, including external customers/ agencies
QinetiQ offers an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large international company some of which are highlighted below:
- Career development across a diverse international organisation
- Modern and collaborative working environment
- Pension - up to 10...... click apply for full job details