A second line of defence role providing credit risk management / oversight of new credit transactions, in designated sectors within the Aviation Credit portfolio globally
A global bank with a leading EMEA Aviation leasing business
- Exercise strong risk assessment methodology toward new transactions and management of a portfolio of leased aircraft / engines assets (including Problem Assets), across a broad variety of aviation sectors, geographies, and asset types.
- Working as a trusted partner with Front Office deal teams to ensure delivery to clients whilst maintaining high credit quality. Articulate department risk perception and appetite for a transaction in line with the team's policy and procedures, manage the interaction and communication with front office teams, and attend meetings with clients where necessary.
- Experience and capability to take a complex aircraft / engine leasing transaction from inception to approval with limited supervision.
- Flexibility to work to tight deadlines under pressure (including ability to work outside of contracted hours from time to time / as workflow demands), to give prompt responses to customers.
- Very meaningful aviation sector experience in a credit management role within a major international bank or aviation lessor, with likely to have seen a broad range of products / transaction types and some experience of varying credit market conditions.
- Strong working knowledge of key products
- corporate loan structures
- leasing products
- derivative products
- asset finance
- capital markets products
- including familiarity with documentation and market trends.
- High level of IT literacy, strong written and verbal communication skills (supporting preparation of succinct and focused credit papers), and strong interpersonal skills (supporting collaboration / teamwork).
- Experience of problem asset management / work-outs and experience within a Front Office role is desirable.
- Have a network of professional relationships within the financial, legal and corporate communities and up to date knowledge of trends in the aviation leasing credit markets globally.
A market leading temp package, with strong opportunity to grow...... click apply for full job details