The Association of Employment and Learning Providers (AELP) is a national membership organisation that represents the interests of an extensive number of organisations. Our members deliver the majority of Britain's apprenticeships, traineeships and programmes for the unemployed.
Our members include independent training providers; not-for-profit and voluntary sector organisations; employers; universities; further education colleges, awarding organisations and end-point assessment organisations.
AELP's primary role is to represent the interests of its members, by effectively lobbying on their behalf to government departments and agencies. We work with our members, the government and employers to support the development of policies that deliver high quality, learner-centred, skills and employability services.
We support our members by guaranteeing them access to readily understandable, up to date information about changes to the skills and employability sector and how they will affect them as well as providing our members with access to practical support and added value services that strengthen their business.
We are now seeking an enthusiastic and driven Membership Sales Co-ordinator to deliver our membership growth strategy.
Reporting directly to the National Operations Manager, this exciting and demanding role will focus on the attraction, recruitment and retention of members as well as contributing to the overall involvement of members with AELP's activities and events.The role will be office-based at our head office in Bradley Stoke however we are currently adhering to government advice to allow employees to work from home wherever possible and in agreement with their line manager.
· Collect and analyse various sources of information including registers (i.e. RoATP, RoEPAOs, Ofqual approved AO list), social media platforms, third party event and AELP event delegate lists to identify non-members for prospect chasing
· Discuss options for non-members to join AELP offering payment options and discounts (where approved)
· Review Ofsted reports, as and when published, and report grades for members/non-members to National Operations Manager
· Forward any opportunities for new Patron members to Managing Director and National Operations Manager
· Make daily sales calls and report back progress to National Operations Manager on a weekly basis
· Assist new members with completing initial registration form and collecting all other required information liaising with the finance team around invoice and payment method
· Draft a welcome email, to be sent from MD and AELP Chair, highlighting the benefits, value and relevance of AELP membership along with key contacts
· Post Membership Benefits documentation to the members' head office
· Conduct a follow up call within the first month of membership to check they have received all info and documentation and answer any queries
Encourage ex-members to re-join by:
· Sending out ex member survey and following up/reporting on responses
Promoting member benefits to ex-members and highlighting cost of services used
· Updating spreadsheet and maintain CRM, e.g. adding in all engagement activities as interactions
· Re-visiting cancellations from previous year, monthly, and contact to see if in position to rejoin (offering 10% discount if re-joining in next 6 months (first year of membership only)
Exhibition & Trade Shows
· Assist the membership coordinator with manning the AELP exhibition stand at external and AELP events to include interaction with existing and potential new members whilst on-site
· On-site management of and setting up/breakdown of the AELP exhibiting stand
· Courier arrangements of the exhibition stand and materials to and from events
· Oversee stock levels of marketing materials for the exhibition stand and ensure all items are current/up to date
· Oversee stocks of exhibition stand/promotional merchandise
· Prepare monthly Membership Reports to include a breakdown of membership activity including prospective members/ex-members rejoining at the request of the National Operations Manager
· Ensure, in liaison with admin team, website is maintained with an update to date list of current members
· Maintain the accuracy of CRM information
· Liaise with the admin team finance informed of all financial activities
Candidates should share AELP's passion for delivering high quality membership services, be self-motivated and possess the ability to communicate effectively with a wide and varied range of business owners and managers. Previous experience in business development or selling roles is essential.
Candidates must be resident and eligible to work in the UK...... click apply for full job details