You will be working within a team of legal cashiers in a high volume residential conveyancing environment providing a high quality and timely service to the core processing teams, where you will deal with various accounting duties in accordance with the CLC Accounts Code. You should be able to:
- Deliver an efficient and timely service to all conveyancing teams.
- Have a good understanding of the CLC Accounts Code
- Communicate with colleagues and third parties in a professional manner
- Provide good customer service; and
- Maintain productivity at a level, which will ensure company targets and deadlines are met.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
All responsibilities highlighted below are linked to the role but on occasions main duties will go beyond what has been highlighted, some of the below will only be delivered after a period of time and achievement of expected knowledge.
Day to Day Tasks:
- Complete tasks efficiently, accurately and within specified timescales to a high standard of customer service to our internal clients
- Deal with all financial queries received from the legal teams.
- Raise Bills and Credit Notes to clients.
- Ensure all aged debtors and aged disbursements are kept up to date and under control for all allocated teams.
- Report any breach of The CLC Accounts Code or company policy immediately to the HOFA or LCM
- Review client account ledgers to ensure we hold sufficient cleared funds for the benefit of the recipient before processing any payment instruction
- Mentoring trainee members of the legal cashier team to aid their progression and share knowledge and experiences.
- Mentoring and assisting Legal Cashiers with more complex tasks with a view to payments leaving the account to ensure accuracy and understanding
- Identifying, monitoring and achieving targets on a daily basis
- Any other duties reasonably required
- Review incoming funds are on the correct ledgers ensuring full compliance with the CLC Accounts code and AML Regulations as well as companies policy and the CML in relation to funds received from a third party, companies and gift payments
- Ensure full compliance with all companies policies at all times and raise any issues to the relevant parties. For example payments on probate, power of attorney and matrimonial properties.
- Ensure sufficient financial documentation has been received to identify and confirm the accuracy of any completion payments required and give guidance if inaccurate
- Give guidance and advice to the legal teams in relation to their finances and ensure they balance correctly before allowing the financial transaction to proceed at completion stage or previous to that stated
Core Job Responsibilities:
To ensure that you are competent to operate as a Senior Legal Cashier,the post holder will need to develop and demonstrate knowledge/ proficient application in an operational environment of:
- Checking Completions
- Posting to ledgers
- Issuing Office cheques
- Bankline importing
- Bankline inputting
- Bankline authorisation
- Daily Filing
- Printing Cheques
- Dealing with cheques in
- Issuing card payments
- Dealing with Money in
- Dealing with Invoices and credit notes
- Cost Breakdowns
- Direct Debits
- Aged Debtors Report
- Unbilled Disbursement
- TT/ BACS Out
- Indemnity Premium payments
- Bulk Estate Agency Payments
- SDLT Payments
- HMLR Payments and reconciliation
- Mortgage Returns
- Aged Balances
- Card Refunds
- Unallocated credit/ Aborted billing files
- Authorising manual payments
- Cancelling cheques (Office and client)
- Training and mentoring colleagues
- Credit notes
- Completing error reports
- Completing breach reports
- Client back Reconciliation
- Office bank Reconciliation
- Nominal Reconciliations
You will be able to:
- Actively communicate with team members, conveyancers and third parties in relation to any financial queries. This will include communication in person, in writing or by telephone.
You should be able to:
- Assist fellow team members and provide holiday and sickness cover when required.
- Work closely with the legal teams as and when required.
- Develop good working relationships with team members and third parties and maintain them over time.
Disposition & Attitude:
- Good time management skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Flair for numbers
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Remain calm under pressure
- Adaptable and embrace change
- Reliable, conscientious and hardworking
- Understand dynamics of working within a team
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Approachable, well presented and professional.
- Show willingness to learn however recognises limits of ability and when to seek advice.
- A good team player.
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook...... click apply for full job details