24/7 L1 Customer Support Engineer
Tech Data is a leading IT company and European largest distributors of technology products services and solutions, serving their partners and customers in more than 100 countries. Tech Data is universally recognized as a leader in the IT sector due to its strength in providing advanced and endpoint solutions as well as value added service to several of their partners with the purpose to solve problems through efficient and innovative IT technologies.
They are seeking a L1 Customer Support Engineer to join their team of committed IT professionals, providing industry-leading 24/7 managed IT and support services to Tech Data Partners, End Customers and Vendors.
- Be a service advocate, representing the TechCARE Service Centre in an enthusiastic and positive manner at all times no matter who you are engaged with
- Take personal accountability for the customer experience, ensuring issues are managed to the highest standard support by excellent communication.
- Work through a training programme and shadow an existing Line 1 engineers before progressing onto the operational support desk
- Answer calls, e-mails and web queries to a professional standard as demonstrated in training
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date call records (tickets) using the call record and progress system
- Keep a regular call schedule, ensure tickets are managed as per the ticket handling procedures, updating partners, vendors and third-party suppliers on open tickets.
- Complete an accurate and detailed hand-over to other engineers of any calls and tasks in progress
- Ensure all calls/emails/self-service items are actioned triaged to appropriate priority levels and escalated to the correct resolver teams.
- Ensure tickets are created and escalated within the service SLA's
- Ensure customer environment alerts monitoring is observed 24/7 raising tickets and escalating as per the service procedures.
- Provide white labelled call aggregation for Partners and their end users.
- Attend formal and informal training sessions to enhance their knowledge and progress to the next engineering position
- Be available to work as a member of the support desk team working on a 24/7 rotating shift system that includes weekends and bank holidays
Key Requirements of the Role
- Evidence of 'above and beyond' mindset
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Team player, strong collaboration and engagement with colleagues
- >1 year experience in an IT help desk or support role
- Educated to HND or above
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Multilingual skills an advantage
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age...... click apply for full job details