Principal Systems Engineer
This is your chance to join one of Europe's leading defence organisation in developing bespoke solutions using the most technologically advanced software on the market. Their mission is to deliver operational excellence and to maintain industry leadership. They are the only European group capable of designing and producing defence systems that meet the whole range of current and future needs of their clients.
An opportunity has arisen to be part of the dynamic UK Systems Design - Capability Department supporting the development of Systems Engineering Capability and providing Systems Engineering support to strategic change programmes and Complex Systems development projects.
Fun Facts about the client
- Boasts one of the highest staff retention rates in the country
- Has been voted in the 'Top 20 companies to work for' in the last 4 years
- Received awards for quality development
What's great about the team?
- You will be joining a team of experienced Systems Engineers who have genuine passion and enthusiasm for Systems Engineering.They continually develop and readily share their knowledge and understanding of Systems Engineering methods and tools, specifically in a challenging model-driven context.
- The team have developed and continue to develop excellent working relationships with projects, other functions and key stakeholders across the business.
- The team have real impact on the delivery of critical strategic programmes such as the current Model-based Engineering enhancement and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) programmes enabling collaborative model-based engineering across the company.
Skills & Requirements
- Systems Engineer with up to date knowledge of issues in relevant specialist area(s) e.g. mechanical, electrical, software, Integrated Logistic Support (ILS), Human Factors (HF), control and analysis.
- Understanding of state of the art Systems Engineering methods and their application in the systems engineering domain i.e. experience of lifecycle issues from concept through to disposal on major projects.
- Holistic Systems Thinker with experience of: architecting in complex environments; engaging with complex stakeholders to elicit and trade needs to deliver value; architecting at different levels of abstraction.
- Capable of working autonomously and proactively, able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Excellent communication and good problem solving skills are essential.
- Ideally with an appropriate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Base salary of up to £55,000
- Flexible working
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Paid overtime
- State of the art site facilities