Job title: BI Developer (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, ETL)
Location : Potters Bar
Job type : Permanent
Who we are
Canada Life looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
What we are building
We now need Developers to support the transformation and the future growth of the business, simplifying our IT architecture by removing our legacy systems and delivering new solutions providing market-leading services for our colleagues, customers and advisers.
The Developer is responsible for the analysis, design, development and maintenance of Business Intelligence and ETL software solutions that support a range of business teams . You will have significant commercial experience working with Microsoft's BI Stack and a passion for data.
We are looking for someone who has great attention to detail and pride in his or her work. Experience of the financial industry would be advantageous but not essential.
- SQL Server/T-SQL
- Significant commercial SSIS, SSRS and SSAS experience
- ETL/ELT/Data Warehouse design
- Visual Studio/Azure DevOps
- Good analysis, communication, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent time and self-management through effective planning & prioritisation of tasks
- Oracle, NoSQL, MongoDB
- Blob storage
- Power BI/QLIK
- Excel VBA
- C# .Net
- CI/CD Automation
What you will do
- Liaise with business teams to identify their requirements
- Develop and maintain BI solutions
- Develop and maintain ETL/ELT solutions
- Ensure non-functional requirements (performance, auditing, security, risk and on-going support) are considered during development.
- Participate in technical design and review
- Build components to integrate with existing applications
- Facilitate automated testing, integration and deployment
- Support acceptance testing
- Participate in problem analysis and help resolve technical problems
- Provide regular information on progress to project management and team leaders to allow regulation and reviewing of tasks.
- Participate in mentoring, code reviews and pair programming
- Participate in Agile ceremonies
- Contribute to the Scrum Artefacts by keeping the Product and Sprint backlog up to date.
- Estimate task complexity.
- Complete or contribute to company standard documentation.
- Take part in continuous learning and professional development
What you will like about working here
As a Canada Life colleague, you will receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You will also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Our focus is to have an engaged, committed and motivated work force, operating in a high performing and collaborative culture. We want to create an organisation that offers opportunities for all our people to develop their skills and talent, and build rewarding careers with us.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences...... click apply for full job details