World Class Defence Organisation based in Bolton is currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Project Manager Industrial Transfer & Offload subcontractor on an initial 6 month contract.
The department are looking for an experienced Project Manager with a proven track record in the delivery of fixed cost programmes, of significant value, within a matrix organisation. Experience within an engineering or production environment would be of preference.
Hourly Rate: The Company are offering excellent rates
Contract Duration: 6 Months (initially and then ongoing and long-term thereafter)
Security Information: Please Note you must be eligible for SC Security Clearance (unfortunately due to security restrictions for this role, the candidate will need to be a British National with no dual nationality and must have resided in the UK for at least 4 of the past 5 years).
* Generation of Manufacturing Bids for Industrial Transfer packages of work, ensuring they are competitive, compliant and are in line with all business and commercial criteria.
* Deliver Industrial Transfer projects or sub-projects, ensuring they are delivered to agreed time, budget and quality. Regularly reviewing and reporting on progress and, where necessary, intervening to resolve issues so that the project is delivered to plan. Ensuring accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of project performance and interpreting requirements back to manufacturing.
* Lead the Manufacturing Offload Process, supporting Manufacturing Functions and project teams in the identification of Offload Opportunities. Working close with Procurement Functions (ISP-S and MEP) in the identification of suitable Offload suppliers. Generating Business Cases to support the Offload Opportunities and ensuring governance to the process is adhered to.
* Lead the implementation of Manufacturing Industrial Policy / Strategy, ensuring it aligns with the New Business Pipelines and Technology Roadmaps.
* Manage stakeholder interfaces including internal customers and ensure accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of project performance
* Support the New Business Team in the identification of new business opportunities and the development of approaches to winning the business.
* Participate in developing, maintaining and modifying manufacturing processes and procedures in assigned areas in accordance with relevant standards, best practice and developing needs.
* Collect, summarise and present information or data, carrying out pre-defined analyses and ensuring completeness and accuracy, and provide it to others for use in decision-making.
* Actively participates in Functional & Strategic Change activities, support best practice & functional excellence.
* Developing and maintaining key relationships with internal customers and key subcontractors
Skills / Experience:
* Experienced Project Manager with a proven track record in the delivery of fixed cost programmes, of significant value, within a matrix organisation. Experience within an engineering or production environment would be of preference.
* Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious individual who can prioritise and understand strategic business needs as well as managing the day-to-day tactical decisions
* Experience in the application of Project Management skills at assistant level in a relevant business environment
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy