J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure.
Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including Transportation, Water, Power, Natural Resources, and Construction & Property.
Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses - Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Murphy employs around 3,500 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives around the world. Together, we work as 'One Murphy' by directly delivering the people, plant and expertise needed to make projects a success.
There's more to Murphy.
SHES Advisor - North Somerset
J Murphy & Sons are currently recruiting for a SHES Advisor to support the SHES Manager on all matters relating to safety, health, environment, and sustainability. Currently ranked as a Top 25 Best Large Companies in the UK to work for by Best Companies this is a fantastic opportunity for a SHES professional to work with a forward thinking and innovative employer.
In this role, you will work with one of our Clients, National Grid with electric transmission schemes, installing underground cabling to local substations. You will support 3 schemes which will all be going live in February 2022.
What you'll be doing
* Advise and support Managers and Supervisors to discharge their Health & Safety responsibilities towards employees as defined by Legislation and Company procedure
* Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required
* Support management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the SHESQ Plans.
* Carry out accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company procedure and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any reoccurrences
* Manage and collate the data on SHESQ related issues to determine areas for continuous improvement through trends and data analysis
* Support and manage the audit programme; carry out audits when required
* Participate in working groups / forums as required
* Participate in the work of committees and joint consultations affecting the workforce as required
* Monitoring of equipment
* Implement Best Practice and actively seeking innovations to introduce into the Business Unit
Who we are looking for
* Previous experience within a SHES advisor position
* Experience in civil engineering/construction, electrical would be advantageous
* SHES Membership ie NEBOSH qualified
* MS package knowledge
* Solid understanding of the requirements of the ISO 9001, 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001 standards