We are currently looking for a Night Vet to join our amazing team in Yorkshire.
This role is 7 nights on and 14 nights off but we are open to discuss any working patterns that suit you best!
The ideal candidate will have a passion for emergency and critical care and will thrive on working at gold standard in patient and client care.
Salary & Benefits:
* Annualised salary package up to £50,000 PA, negotiable.
* Accommodation allowance.
* Vehicle or vehicle allowance.
* VDS, RCVS and BVA fees paid.
* 4 day working week plus 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends.
* 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
* Fantastic career progression and partnership opportunities.
* Pension scheme.
* Paid sabbatical after five years' service.
* We reward colleagues with additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
* Colleague Purchase scheme.
* Enhanced maternity pay: 13 weeks full pay, 13 weeks half pay followed by 13 remaining weeks at statutory pay.
* Enhanced paternity: 2 weeks full pay. Shared parental and adoption pay.
As a qualified MRCVS, you'll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You'll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues, harnessing our one team culture. You will also display good communication skills and the desire to share your knowledge and skills by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Skills and experience
You must be a registered Veterinary Surgeon with the RCVS.
Experience of working nights is desirable but not essential.
You must be confident working sole charge, with the ability to make sound clinical judgement.
Our large veterinary hospital supports our neighbouring satellite surgeries, enabling us to provide a friendly, local practice with the benefit of high level surgical and hospitalisation support.
Beautiful well equipped hospital with fantastic equipment including Digital X-ray, Endoscopy, Ultrasound and a CT Diagnostic Suite.
We are a first opinion Tier 3 hospital and have a dedicated team of vets some of whom have special interests and certificates in a range of areas including cardiology, ophthalmology, imaging and exotic species.
We have three well equipped consulting rooms and a large air-conditioned waiting room with separate areas for different species to prevent stress whilst your pet is waiting to see a vet