Interim Finance Director | Part Time | 2 to 3 days per week | remote working with occasional travel to the London office.
Axon Moore are working with an innovative PE Backed start-up who are looking for an Interim Finance Director on a part time basis, who can set up the Finance Department from scratch. Operating as a SaaS Technology business and working in the Analytics field, they have recently received PE Funding and not need to build a robust Finance Department to provide a strong platform for the business to grow.
As a business, they help Retailers, Consumer Products, Financial Services, Healthcare and High Technology organisations in Europe and North America grow their businesses by helping them increase their market share.
As Interim Finance Director you will lead the company from a financial perspective and get the ball rolling in terms of setting up the General Ledger. You will be responsible for setting up the accounts function from scratch and as such, you will be expected to be very hands on and get into the day to day detail.
You will work alongside our leadership team to translate company strategy into financial budgets, targets, operations and take ownership of all company fiscal and regulatory matters on a day to day basis and ready the business for future growth and funding rounds in the near future.
• Work alongside C-suite executives to develop and execute company strategy.
• Full ownership of Financial & Management Accounts, MI, forecasting and planning and all internal and external reporting.
• Full ownership for corporate and financial governance to ensure the business is operating to best practices and meet compliance obligations
• Manage cash-flow and the cost-base to support growth within budget.
• Identify, implement & lead efficient financial and operational processes in order to achieve sustainable growth
• Develop and analyse financial and SaaS metrics that showcase the company's performance.
• Support the CEO and the board in all future fundraising activities.
• Establish and manage a finance team, lead with recruiting new staff members when necessary.
• Manage relationships with key team members from across the business
• Develop best in class policies and processes, technologies and techniques across the entire financial operations (client, supplier and employee spectrum).
• Liaise and manage external stakeholders, including investors, accountants and legal
• Oversee & ensure the production of year end consolidated accounts & financial statements
• Provide regular and insightful management information, forecasts, analysis and commentary to the Board.
• Provide support and input to pricing, other financial or finance models
The office is based in London however we are happy to look at candidates in the NW, you will only need to go into the London office occasionally.
Operate a hybrid/flexible working environment
Role will be outside IR35