Connect 4 Construction has an exciting new vacancy for an experienced Construction Planner/ Project planner to join a leading London based construction company.
Apply correct programming principles, to manage risk & report accurate programming position, for projects. To work with the teams to deliver projects to time, quality, cost and programme; by use of
programming to support the delivery team.
To deliver a quality service and product to our clients in line with the project goals by working with the professional team, within the culture of 8build, by utilising all its systems and procedures.
* Developing programs compliant with JCT and NEC forms of Contract
* Progress Reporting outputs and supporting narratives of project programme status and risks, line managers compliant with 8build planning best practice
* Support project lead CM / PM in appropriate Project deliverables and duties, below
* Be able to inspect projects on site and make own assessment of progress against project programme
* Use programming software to support winning Tenders and attend presentations
* Produce Tender stage and Contract Programmes from client specifi cation documents, that dovetail with the forms of contract
* Agree level of detail required within programs with Project Managers & reporting method used
* Monitor, co-ordinate and maintain detailed project programme encompassing pre-construction, construction and commissioning
* When Client changes or 'discovery' activities impact program, demonstrate impact on programme
* Maintain Programme information to enable accurate records of contract history to be accessed
* Ensure that project programme is fully monitored during the entire project life cycle (planning through to execution)
* Where agreed with Project Managers, incorporate data from Tender Event Schedules, Design Release Schedule, Procurement schedules
* Support the Project Manager & Group in eff ective scenario and resource planning activities
* Ensure that Group requirements are fully understood and integrated into the planning functions
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Robust programme management experience within a project-based team
Good consistent presentation skills and ability to present in a professional manner
Experienced user of Asta. As a 1st principle, Primavera as a second skill set
Experience gained from within the Construction Sector
Be able to manage multiple project programmes
Methodical approach to duties
Sensitive to political situations
Prepared to be innovative and a good problem solver
Pleasant and confi dent manner.
Energetic and fl exible team member
Ability to communicate positively and eff ectively
Ability to organise and plan your and others time eff ectively
Ability to implement systems
Positive attitude and drive