Despatch Team Leader
Site D, West Bromwich
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits + Prospects
Friday (8 hours) Saturday and Sunday (12 hours) and Monday (8 hours) - Days
When you join 2 Sisters, you will become part of the UK's largest food manufacturer with ambitious plans and as such you can look forward to working with a whole bunch of talented colleagues with a shared passion for quality, service and most importantly food.
We are currently recruiting for a Despatch Team Leader to join one of our West Bromwich sites.
UK Poultry represents more than half of 2 Sisters' business by sales. The division employs over 8,500 people working in a chilled environment to process poultry products which are then marketed to UK consumers via major retailers.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As Despatch Team Leader you will report into the Despatch Manager be responsible for managing a team. You will help run the department in a manner that ensures the product is dispatched on time, collected and delivered as requested in the most cost efficient manner. Whilst meeting the standards required by Customer, Company and Site. You will be responsible for delivering KPI's in line with site strategy along with implementing and leading continuous improvement projects throughout the department. The role is highly autonomous and will give the right individual the opportunity to drive best practice.
· Liaising with external stakeholders to ensure smooth running of despatch , transport and logistics
· Ensure the departments costs are managed in line with KPI's
· Ensure staffing levels/transport is managed in line with business requirements
· Liaise with Production Management Team / Supply Chain and transport on a daily basis with regard to orders levels
· To positively contribute to continuous improvements to the department and the site
· Managing stock holding , compliance checks , bay management , deliveries etc
· Ensuring your team are well managed and helping develop them
If you're fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have the can-do spirit that's created our success. Bring those qualities, with the following and you will have the recipe for success:
· Experience as a Despatch Supervisor/Team Leader
o Within manufacturing or similar (essential)
· Management or supervisory experience
· Knowledge of law, HACCP and quality systems
· Demonstrate the ability to maintain relationships
· Strong H&S knowledge
· Great Communication skills
· Ability to thrive under pressure
· Be adaptable
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
2 Sisters Food Group is one of the UK's biggest food manufacturers providing great tasting products to the nation, from chicken to cookies and pizza to pies!
With 18 sites in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. We employ over 16,500 staff, all of whom have the opportunity to progress as we focus on promoting from within and you can be part of that too.
Knowing that our business is only as good as the people we employ, we ensure that we invest in people like you to enhance skills and professional development.
We want to make YOU the future of our business.