Our client, a leading international supplier of meat products is looking to appoint a Veterinary Surgeon based in East Anglia. Reporting to the Veterinary Clinical Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for pig health and welfare within the business, coordinating with third party veterinary cover where necessary and working effectively with the field-staff and other divisions of the business to drive excellence and continuous improvement throughout the supply chain.
* Maintaining the health and welfare of pigs, providing veterinary care that is appropriate and adequate
* Prescribing, supplying and administering medications when appropriate
* Maintaining clear, accurate and detailed clinical records
* Ensuring the protection of public health and pig health and welfare, as well as considering the impact on the environment
* Working collaboratively with fieldstaff and providing advice, guidance and assistance where needed
* Delivering diagnostics where appropriate (for example Postmortem Examinations)
* Maintaining biosecurity standards within the company and providing appropriate advice to farmers, fieldspersons or colleagues when required
* Attending meetings covering clinical governance or animal health and welfare matters when requested
* Assisting with set-up of new units and training of new farmers
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
* A degree in Veterinary Medicine or equivalent, with or without postgraduate qualifications
* Experience working with farm animals, pig experience would be an advantage
* Compliance with the code of professional conduct as set out by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS)
* Compliance with the completion of both the Professional Development Phase (PDP) and Continued Professional Development (CPD) as set out by the RCVS
* Good communication skills with an ability to build business relationships across the farming community
* Ability to provide out of hours cover when required or requested
* Experience maintaining clinical excellence and demonstrating a continued desire to innovate
* One of the UK's leading Meat processors, producing innovative and tasty products
* Working with partnership farmers to supply high welfare, quality products to premium markets
* Sites operating to the highest industry standards, where Animal Welfare, Food Safety and Quality are a key priority
This role will involve visiting farmers on a regular basis; successful candidates must have a full driving licence.
If you have the relevant experience and you would like to join a talented team whose key focus is maintaining the highest standard of animal health and welfare, then this could be the job for you. The working hours for this position is Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm, with flexibility to meet the needs of the business. The role commands a competitive salary plus company car and other benefits.
If you are interested, then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4515 with an updated CV