Seetec Pluss is one of the UK's leading providers of employability and health services, supporting thousands of people to move into employment each year.
As an organisation we are recruiting for a number of Employability contracts to support the unemployed back to work. This job will play a key role in contributing to the UK's economic recovery, 'Restart Scheme' which is a cornerstone of the Governments 'Plan for Jobs' strategy and the expansion to the Work and Health Programme (WHP_JETS).
The role will be supporting individuals who have been in long- term unemployment or those affected because of the devastating economic impact of Covid-19. We will address the barriers to gaining new employment with tailored support for each individual to achieve and sustain good work, including supported job search, re-training for a different sector and restoring self-confidence for work.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, be target driven as well as a motivational adviser to build positive relationships, guide, inspire, and encourage individuals to find suitable employment. You will have a high level of initiative and motivation with the ability to seek out solutions to problems, and be able to work under pressure, without day to day supervision. This is a rewarding role that will allow you to utilise your current skills to influence, support and encourages others to build a future.
• Meet, and strive to exceed, personal performance targets (Key Performance Indica-tors).
• Progressively manage a caseload of referred customers
• Deliver a positive experience to new customers,
• Where required, provide appropriate advice and guidance on the basics of self-employment and signpost customers to specialist agencies that can further support customers in respect to self-employment.
• Provide tailored support in all aspects of job-search and interview preparation
• Where required, provide appropriate training/guidance to customers to help them master digital technologies, in order for them to engage in guided self-service learn-ing materials and online job vacancies.
• Fully understand the local labour market, to source suitable job opportunities.
• Undertake direct marketing to employers using digital media e.g. email, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc.
• Identify the specific recruitment needs of employers and undertake tailored pre-screens and group assessments.
• Develop an understanding of specialist signposting services in the local area/region, building knowledge in areas such as specific disabilities, housing, benefits etc. Knowledge to be applied where appropriate during caseload management
Skills and Experience
• A good working knowledge of the local labour market in the specified geographical locations
• Basic knowledge of self-employment
• Fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and modern digital technologies, i.e. Microsoft Teams and Skype for Busi-ness
• Knowledge of the employability industry
• Knowledge of the recruitment industry
• Experience of working with people in the provision of 'information, advice & guid-ance'
• Full driving licence
Salary: £25,339 - £27,106 per annum (dependent on experience)
Location: Bury St Edmunds (Please note this is an office based role)
Hours: 37 hrs (full time) 8.30am- 5.00pm Monday -Thursday, Friday 8.30am -4.30pm
Closing Date: 16th March 2022 (Rolling campaign due to high volume of activity)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + Birthday day off, Pension, Competitive Salary, optional discounted Medical and Health Cash Plans, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, Eye care scheme, Access to wide range of local and national discounts.
In light of Covid-19 Interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams.
Unfortunately, we have no control over time restraints and will be in touch as soon as possible.
Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to give individual feedback, however if you have not shortlisted on this occassion, please regularly review our careers page for suitable vacancies.
Seetec Pluss is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec Pluss support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of "Ex-Offenders" can be found on our website under" About us"
Seetec Pluss is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity