Managing Director, Manufacturing, Buckinghamshire, £100k-£150k
Our client is a private equity owned manufacturer and distributor of flexible insulation materials and related solutions. The business has been through a period of expansion within a growth market, with increased turnover in recent years to £30 million, however in the past two years EBITDA has slipped backwards and is now only just over breakeven.
A Managing Director is urgently required to lead turnaround of the business, addressing cost issues, performance issues and quality issues, which has resulted in lost ground in recent times to competitors, despite a growth market and a previously hard-won reputation for quality and innovation.
The new Managing Director will report to the private equity owners and will execute a business recover plan to quick accelerate EBITDA back into double digits and open up new markets for the business.
Successful candidates for the Managing Director role ideally should have the following attributes and experience:
* At least 5 years experience in a senior business management capacity, ideally with profit and loss experience as a Managing Director. Applications will be considered from candidates with recent experience such as Sales Director or Commercial Director if there is the requisite commercial and wider business experience.
* Experience of delivering EBITDA improvement as a Managing Director.
* Able to grow revenues, develop sales channels and expand markets.
* Present a clear and compelling direction to the business, motivating the team to achieve more and encouraging all to participate in success.
* Experience of business development in the UK and EMEA markets.
* Be well-versed in improving manufacturing operations, supply chains and cost bases of businesses.
Ashridge Executive Search is acting as a recruitment agency in respect of this Managing Director permanent vacancy