- Carry out grass cutting, Strimming, edging, turfing to a five star standard.
- Grounds and green keeping of the golf course
- Actively promote the park and it’s facilities.
- Keep all park grounds, bins, public areas free of debris.
- Gardens to be weeded, sprayed, watered and properly slated and barked.
- Maintain and update all plant and equipment schedules.
- Comply promptly with all maintenance jobs issued.
The Springs Golf Club in Wallingford are looking for a Greenkeeper to join their team for the Summer. Lots of exciting events are planned this year, making it an excellent time for anyone with an interest in grounds work or green keeping to become a part of the team.
The successful candidate will ideally have some previous experience in either green keeping or grounds work, however this is not essential.
You will work as part of the team to maintain the grounds surrounding the club, including the golf course. This will include grass cutting, strimming and edging, providing maintenance along the course as well as assisting in clearing the driving range where necessary.
This is a seasonal position to work full time, variable hours including weekends and bank holidays.
This role is ideal for anyone searching for grounds jobs within Wallingford or the surrounding areas.
What experience you will need
- Previous experience preferred.
- Previous Grounds roles an advantage, but not essential.
What skills you will need
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Driving licence is essential due to the use of park buggies and equipment.
What we offer
- Darwin Academy job specific training, to include customer service, COSHH, health & safety, manual handling, etc.
- Hourly rate of pay.
- Full uniform.
- Discount in company restaurants and facilities.