About Network RailNetwork Rail (NR)
owns, runs and develops Britain's railway - the 20,000 miles of track, 40,000 bridges and viaducts, and the thousands of signals, level crossings and stations (the largest of which we also run). In partnership with train operators we help people take more than 1.6bn journeys by rail every year - double the number of 1996 - and move hundreds of millions of tonnes of freight, saving almost 8m lorry journeys. We're investing £48bn in the railway by 2024 to deliver more frequent, more reliable, safer services and brighter and better stations. Group Digital Railway
is a national function within NR, its purpose is to deliver operationally excellent services that improve today's railway, alongside the strategic vision, leadership and capability which will transform the railway of tomorrow. We bring together the industry-wide Digital Railway Programme (DRP), which is setting the vision and strategy for tomorrow's railway with services that are supporting delivery both today and in the future. We provide the data-to-intelligence expertise, asset information and telecommunications products and services necessary for a digitally-enabled railway.
is a visionary change programme to design and deliver the digital modernisation of the railway on behalf of the UK rail industry. The Programme aims to transform the rail network for passengers, business, and freight operators, by deploying modern signalling and train control technology to increase capacity, reduce delays, improve safety and drive down costs. It is a rail industry wide initiative that enjoys the support of government, train operators, freight companies, the supply chain, and Trades Unions. Network Rail
accepts all applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. Brief Description
We are looking for a Senior Programme Engineering Manager who will report into the Digital Initiation Director based in our London Enterprise House in central London.
If successful in your application, you will provide functional leadership and direction to all engineers within the programme.
You will also lead/manage compliance with the engineering requirements of GRIP, Standards and Regulatory obligations, so that assets installed by the programme achieve the requirements of Network Rail (NR).
Do you think this is you? If so, we welcome your application. About the role (External) Safety Details
This job will be require you to manage employees (review and undertake safety accountabilities identified in 'General Safety Responsibilities' and management accountabilities in the Management Handbook) Key Accountabilities
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications Essential
- Lead on all engineering and commissioning activities so that they result in schemes that are compliant, affordable, and meet programme requirements for time, cost and quality.
- Develop and lead the team structure, processes and tools to deliver, review and validate engineering outputs to support the programme schedule, budget and quality requirements.
- Identify and lead the introduction of new systems on the network, where applicable, including systems/safety approvals and monitoring so that processes and documentation exist for sustained network usage.
- Develop safety and quality objectives within programme engineering including appropriate validation and verification, testing and commissioning, staff development and competence management processes.
- Identify and manage the programme engineering budget along with providing support information to decide the overall programme budget.
- Provide professional functional leadership and direction for engineering within the programme, in accordance with policies and standards set up by the Engineering function.
- Responsible for the commissioning and approval processes for all aspects of the asset programme.
- Chartered Engineer with applicable successful experience of Programme Engineering Management within the Railway Industry or other complex E&M industries/projects
- University degree in engineering or applicable academic qualification
- Relevant experience of railway engineering systems and equipment, and implementation
- Experience of large programmes/projects
- Experience of leading railway engineering design & development works
- Six Sigma Champion.
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour
is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career
with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
We adhere to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range
: £78,624 - £98,280 per annum.
Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history. Closing date
: 15 - February- 2019
. Late applications will not be accepted
. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes. Currency GBP Amount of Travel Work At Home