Job reference number 102679
Delivery Office Manager - Salisbury
Salary: Starting at £44,850 plus a potential 10% performance related bonus.
As Delivery Office Manager, you'll be accountable for the management of a Delivery Office and be required to lead a team to sort, prepare and deliver all mail to the required specifications.
Promoting Health and Safety, identifying areas of improvement, championing change and innovation will be essential to your role. You'll ensure the office achieves excellent customer service and maximise performance against the full range of scorecard measures.
Salisbury DO SP2 7QP
- The achievement of safety/people, customer, efficiency financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ensuring pipeline performance is achieved.
- Lead, support and coach the full team to maximise their performance in the interests of KPI improvement and excellent customer service.
- Focuses on team communications and involvement through the effective use of WTLL, daily huddles and one to one interfaces.
- Compliance to operational standards and SOPs for safety, quality, fleet and people.
- Accountable for the efficient management of the office budget and resource management.
- Responsible for safeguarding customer relationships through the proactive management of quality and prompt redress of customer complaints.
- Actively works in partnership with the CWU Trade Union and within the structure of national agreements to grow the relationship in the unit.
- Manage all unit assets including fleet, equipment (PDAs, trolleys), facilities and buildings, ensuring business, safety and legal compliance.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
As this is an extremely interesting and varied role, we are looking for candidates who are flexible, can work under pressure and possess excellent leadership and communication skills. As a leader within the business, you must demonstrate evidence on your CV of the following:
- Building relationships - Developing relationships with your team, unions and other colleagues.
- Coaching for high Performance - Engaging individuals in developing and committing to an action plan that targets specific behaviours, skills, or knowledge.
- Customer focus - Places the customer at the heart of everyday activity.
- Delivering results - Ensures consistent contribution to Royal Mail Group strategic goals.
- Know the business - Understanding of basic business operations and Royal Mail Group systems, processes, departments, and functions to achieve business objectives.
- Health, safety & wellbeing leadership - Leading by example, to actively protect the safety, health and wellbeing of themselves and others.
- Making sense of data - Collect, analyse, audit, and interpret information.
- Leading continuous improvement - Creating an environment that inspires people to improve existing conditions and processes. Identify improvement opportunities from generating ideas to solution implementation.
- People management essentials - Follows Royal Mail Group's processes and policies for people management and manages the employee from recruitment throughout their time with Royal Mail Group.
If you are short-listed, you will be required to attend an assessment centre which consists of:
Dimensions personality questionnaire (completed prior to the assessment day)
Case study/presentation preparation (45 - 60 minutes)
Presentation (30 minutes)
Competency based interview (60 minutes)
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th February 2019. Please note, this advert may close early if the appropriate number of applications has been reached.
Administrative Assistant, Manager, Office Manager, Customer Service, Administrative, Management