Our FMCG client, based in Thetford, is currently seeking a Health and Safety Manager to join their team!
- Are you NEBOSH qualified?
- Do you understand Health and Safety legislation and how to keep up to date with this?
- Are you capable of managing the Health and Safety of the site, running and engage with the workforce?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
As the Health and Safety Manager, you will provide a comprehensive Health and Safety management process, across the Company.
You will be responsible for the review, development, implementation and monitoring of the Site Health and Safety management systems and will ensure the safety of staff, visitors and contractors, in line with current Health and Safety legislation.
- Ensure all mandatory and technical training is scheduled and reviewed and safe systems of work/risk assessments are developed and maintained in all areas of the company.
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health and Safety legislation and ensure that the Company has systems and procedures in place to meet legal compliance.
- Work proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of Health and Safety within their areas of responsibility, which includes conducting regular audits.
- Ensure that rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems are in place to enable business units to undertake risk assessment processes, to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place.
- Approve risk assessments for outwork assignments, work experience students, volunteers and workplace assessments for staff at specific risk, e.g. pregnant women.
- Discuss areas for improvement with relevant staff and/or external bodies and agree appropriate corrective action.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with customer ethical trading teams, audit bodies and training / capacity building bodies
- Ensure timely submission of information to internal and external stakeholders on matters of compliance performance and critical issues
- Initiate and lead projects for the benefit of customers and the company
- Defining business environmental KPIs and managing performance of resource use and consumption
- Where operationally relevant; co-ordinating all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, biodiversity conservation and renewable energy
- Site Compliance
- Inform the Health and Safety Executive of accidents or incidents that require notification. Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements are implemented.
- Undertake the planning and implementation of fire drills and other evacuation procedures.
- Ensure compliance with, and implementation of, all Company policies and procedures that impact on the delivery of effective Health and Safety systems, including Data Protection, the Equality Act and Safeguarding.
- Training Provide all staff with comprehensive and relevant information and training on Company Health and Safety systems and procedures, including advising on equipment purchase and workplace practices.
The ideal candidate will ideally have previous experience as Health and Safety Manager, within a FMCG environment. You will have excellent organisation, leadership and decision making skills, as well as have the ability to manage change and build relationships.
For further information regarding this opportunity, please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I'm afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd